How to Choose Your Motability Car
There are plenty of car makes and models available on the Motability Scheme, from small hatchbacks to more spacious estates, offering a great choice when it comes to meeting different needs and budgets. Here at Perrys, we know that choosing a car is a very important decision, that is why we came up with a list of tips to bear in mind when choosing your Motability car.
1. What Would You Like and Need from a Car?
It’s important to think about what you will be using your car for, whether you have preferences as regards the type of car you would like, maybe you’re more inclined towards purchasing a smaller car as opposed to an SUV, or whether you have preferences as regards to fuel types since Motability also offers hybrid or even fully electric cars; and lastly, what kind of vehicle adjustments would you need. Try answering these questions, and this will help you narrow down your options.
2. Does Your Chosen Car Fit Your Budget?
When choosing a car on the Motability Scheme, there are three different options to keep in mind when it comes to pricing:
- Vehicles That Cost Less Than Your Mobility Allowance. A small amount of cars are available with no upfront Advance Payment as they cost less to lease than your Mobility Allowance. If this is the case, the Department for Work and Pensions will pay the difference back to you.
- Vehicles That Cost All Your Mobility Allowance. If this is the case, no upfront Advance Payment is required and all you need to do is exchange your weekly Mobility Allowance for your car of choice.
- Vehicles That Cost More Than Your Mobility Allowance. This usually applies to more expensive cars where you’ll need to pay an upfront Advance Payment to the dealership before taking delivery of your vehicle. The Advance Payment will vary depending on the car you choose and could range from a few pounds to thousands of pounds.
It’s important to think about how much you would like to spend. Please check our Motability car offers.
3. What Are Your Chosen Car’s Running Costs?
When you choose a car on the Motability Scheme the only cost you’ll need to consider is fuel since insurance, breakdown cover, servicing, and maintenance are all included for the entire duration of your car lease. With the soaring fuel prices, it’s important to consider vehicles with good fuel efficiency, so always make sure to check the MPG (Miles per Gallon) when browsing for your next car.
4. Do You Need Any Special Adaptation?
Some drivers with disabilities may find it helpful to include features on their cars to help make their driving experience as smooth as possible. This is why Motability cars can be ordered requesting a range of adaptations, from attachments such as mirror extensions to steering wheel knobs, swivel seats, chair lifts, and much more. You will be able to discuss a wide range of specialist adaptations with our Motability champions at your nearest Perrys.
5. Have You Booked Your Test Drive?
It’s important to have a look and feel of your vehicle of choice before ordering it, see if it’s what you expected, if it suits your needs and requirements and, if you have any further questions, here at Perrys we’ll be happy to help you thanks to our Motability Specialists based in all our dealerships.
Tags: *Motability *Scheme *Motability_Scheme *Hybrid_Car *Test_Drive *Choose_a_Motability_Car