Perrys Group tax strategy
The tax strategy of Perrys Group Limited applies to all subsidiaries of Perrys Group Limited. The Group’s tax strategy, approved by the Board, is to sustainably minimise tax cost whilst complying with the law. In doing so the group ensures it acts in accordance with the following principles:
- We manage risks to ensure compliance with legal requirements in a manner which ensures payment of the right amount of tax.
- We seek to take advantage of available tax incentives’ reliefs and exemptions in line with, and in the spirit of, tax legislation.
- We only engage in tax planning that is aligned with commercial and economic activity and not enter into artificial arrangements that lack commercial purpose in order to secure a tax advantage.
- We have and foster an open, honest and constructive working relationship with the tax authorities.
- We are transparent with tax authorities about our tax affairs and provide all relevant information that is necessary for those authorities to review possible tax risks.
- Any inadvertent errors in submissions made to HMRC are fully disclosed as soon as reasonably practicable after they are identified.
The Board is ultimately responsible for setting the tax objectives. Taxation matters are reported to the board at its regular monthly meetings. An annual detailed review and assessment of taxation issues is reported and considered by the Board.
The Senior Accounting Officer is delegated by the Board to ensure compliance with the objectives and is supported by a team of appropriately qualified and trained financial process managers and independent financial experts.