How to drive safely during the winter
We all know that the Great British weather can often be greatly unpredictable, which is why it’s best to be prepared for whatever it may throw at you! Now’s the time to take those extra precautions so you’re able to tackle all driving conditions. Here at Perrys, we want to make sure you’re ready for another ‘Beast from The East’, so we not only have a special Check and Treat offer available for all Vauxhall owners, but we’ve also created a ‘Stay Safe and Be Safe’ guide for the colder months. Read on to make sure you’re able to handle the harsh winter.
- Consistently cold temperatures will impact the way your vehicle starts and the way it runs. So, above all else, make sure that your fluid levels for oil and water, and particularly your antifreeze, are topped up.
- Always keep your petrol or diesel tank at least half full. When you start running on an almost empty tank, condensation and moisture can build in the system - and if this freezes your car won’t be able to start.
- Make sure your tyres are inflated at the right pressure, because when the temperature drops, so does your tyre pressure.
- Winter means less daylight to drive in, so regularly check that all your lights are working correctly and that you have replacement bulbs handy, just in case.
- The cold weather is like Kryptonite for car batteries, so get yours tested early so it’s in good working order and can survive whatever the elements throw at it.
- Wheel tracking is something else that’s easy to miss, but certainly hard to forget if it goes wrong. If your car’s tracking is off it can cause premature tyre wear and make it harder for you to steer.
A little preparation in getting your car organised and ready for the weather could make all the difference if Mother Nature has something unexpected in store.
It can be very unsettling and dangerous if you find yourself in a broken down vehicle during a cold snap - particularly with no provisions.
So before starting your trip, why not put some emergency supplies in the boot in case bad weather brings your journey to a sudden halt. Think about supplies such as:
- Appropriate footwear should you need to leave your vehicle
- De-icing equipment (for glass and door locks)
- Spare bulbs
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Blanket and additional clothing
- Food and water
- Mobile phone charging cable/powerbank
A little preparation in getting your car organised and ready for the weather could make all the difference if Mother Nature has something unexpected in store
Check and Treat
We’re doing our part for our Vauxhall customers to combat the cold weather with our special seasonal Check and Treat offer. For £25, our trained technicians here at Perrys will go through a 25-point checklist on your vehicle that covers everything from lights and electricals to brakes, clutches, tyres, mirrors, batteries and seat belts.
As a thank you from us, choose from a number of treats courtesy of Vauxhall when you book your car in for its check. These include a £20 M&S Dine In e-Gift Card, a £20 Domino’s pizza e-code or six movies to rent through Rakuten TV.
For more info or to book in your Check and Treat, contact your local Perrys Vauxhall Dealer and make sure you don’t miss out!